Libpurple backend is backend based on Librpurple library supporting all the networks supported by libpurple.
You have to choose this backend in Spectrum 2 configuration file to use it:
[service] backend=/usr/bin/spectrum2_libpurple_backend protocol=prpl-jabber
As showed above, there is also special configuration variable in
[service] section called
protocol which decides which Libpurple’s protocol will be used:
Spectrum 2 should work with any third-party libpurple plugin which is properly installed. For example, popular plugins:
These plugins are included by default in our Docker image.
Setting libpurple plugins configurations
Some libpurple protocol plugins allow setting configuration variables. Spectrum 2 passes every variable set in
purple section to libpurple library. If you need to set such options, you can do it for example like this in your configuration file:
[purple] clientlogin=1 ssl=0
Notes on Facebook support
- It may be a good idea to set up an application password instead of using your real credentials, for security alerts (and facebook paranoid security alerts) reasons.
- Facebook stickers are supported using Web Storage.
- Your XMPP client should support XEP-0085: Chat states to mark messages as read on the Facebook side. Otherwise, messages aren’t marked as read until you reply, and sometimes own messages aren’t either, so you should set
show-unread=0(see section above) if you want to avoid receiving duplicates
- Group chats aren’t joined automatically. To join a group chat, get its ID through Facebook messenger’s web interface and join it as a
Notes on Mattermost support
Some purple options are available to this specific backend :
[purple] use-ssl = [0|1] use-alias= [0|1] use-mmauthtoken = [0|1] // to connect from gitlab service show-full-images = [0|1] show-images = [0|1]
- Mattermost account are set in mattermost group
- Use purple.use-mmauthtoken = 1 , if mattermost server use gitlab authenication
- Some trouble with channels https://github.com/EionRobb/purple-mattermost/issues/60 and https://github.com/SpectrumIM/spectrum2/issues/366